The candidates passing +2 Arts, Science and Commerce from CHSE or any other equivalent examinations
are eligible to apply for admission into +3 1st year Degree Courses.
HOW TO APPLY
Admission to +3 1st year Arts, Science and Commerce is done through e-Admission process. The details
of admission procedure, prospectus, on-line application
Pre-determined programme etc. can be downloaded from the website. www.dheorissa.in. The college office
may be contacted for detailed information.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH ADMISSION FORM
1. Admission forms duly filled in.
2. Attested photocopy of CLC.
3. Attested photocopy of mark-sheet and conduct certificate of qualifying examination.
4. Attested photocopy of Caste Certificate issued by Tahasildar of respective locality.
5. Any other certificate in support of claiming weightage.
6. Two pass port size photographs(self attested)
FORM INCOMPLETE IN ANY RESPECT WILL BE REJECTED.
PROCEDURE OF SELECTION CALCULATION OF MARKS AS PER SAMS:-
Selection for admission into various classes will be made strictly on merit basis and calculation of
marks shall be made as per the following :
I he basic parameter of calculation of marks is the total mark secured by a candidate in H.S.C.
examination of Board of Secondary Education, Orissa, excluding extra optional, if any.
b) The percentage of mark secured by a candidate who has passed CBSE/ICSE Examinations in all obligatory
subjects taken together should be taken into account for drawing up the merit list, i.e. the aggregate
mark ;I should be appropriately converted.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) :
- Applicants holding Certificate 'A' & 'B' shall be given an additional weightage of
5% and 10% of marks over and above the aggregate marks secured at the HSC/ HS Equivalent
examinations excluding extra optional.
- Applicants who have attended All India Level NCC camps/courses/activities shall be
given weightage of additional 5% marks over and above the aggregate marks secured at
the HS/equivalent examinations excluding extra optional on production of certificate
to the effect by the competent authority.
- National Service scheme (NSS) :
- Applicants who have represented the country in NSS at the International level shall
be given admission subject to fulfillment of minimum eligibility, condition.
- Applicants who have received national NSS award shall be given weightage of an additional
7% of marks over and above the aggregate marks secured at the HSC/equivalent examination
without extra optional.
- Applicants who have received State NSS award shall be given weightage of an additional
5% of marks over and above the aggregate marks secured at the HS/ equivalent examination,
without extra optional.
- Scouts and Guides :
- Scouts/Guides possessing and producing the original certificate signed by the President
of India shall be given weightage of additional 10% of marks over and above the aggregate
marks secured at the HSC/Equivalent examination.
- Scouts and Guides possessing and producing the original certificate signed by the
Governor of the State shall be given weightage of additional 5% of marks over and above
the aggregate marks secured at the HSC/equivalent examinations.
- Sports & Games (SG):
- Those who have represented the country at international level shall be given admission
subject to fulfillment of minimum eligibility conditions.
- Those who have represented the State at the national level sports/games shall be given
weightage of an additional 10% of marks over and above the aggregate marks secured at the
HSC/HS/equivalent examination without extra optional those who have represented the school
at the Inter-State Schools Sports Meet, shall be given weightage of an additional 5% of
marks over and above the aggregate mark secured at the HSC/HS/equivalent examinations
without extra optional.
- Conditions for Weightage :
- No weightage shall be given in any category if the achievement is not made within two
years preceding the date of application,
- Candidates possessing NCC Certificate 'A &'8' shall not be given weightage if they have
failed once and have passed HSC/ HS/ equivalent examination subsequently. c) No weightage
shall be given for attendance/ participation/representation at international/national/
inter-school level camps/courses in any field if original certificate by competent
authorities are not produced.
- In case of sports and games, the Meets where the candidates have participated must be
recognised/ organised by the Director of Sports/Secretary BSE/ Secretary, CHSE and the
participation certificates must be countersigned by the Director of Sports, Government
- Women candidates availing weightage for a subject shall not be allowed to change the
- The total weightage to be a given to a particular applicant shall not exceed 10% of
aggregate marks secured at the HSC/HS/equivalent examinations without extra optional
subjects irrespective of the number of activities in which the applicant has achieved
- Weightage shall be considered alongwith the academic merit for maximum 10% of seats
in each class for which a separate merit list shall be prepared after the first 90% of
seats shall be filled up purely on merit.
- Weightage shall be calculated out of the career assessment mark of HSC/HS/ equivalent
- Weightage shall be given only for the purpose of admission to the college and not for
selection for Honours.
- Weightage shall be given only for the first admission into First year +2 and degree
Classes and not for admission on transfer from other colleges.
RESERVATION OF SEATS
Some seats are reserved for different category of applicants as mentioned below. Such seats shall be
filled up subject to fulfillment of minimum eligibility condition. Applicants shall be considered for
reservation category, if applicable, only for the first admission into First Year HSC/Degree Class,
and not for admissions on transfer from other colleges.
- Scheduled Castes /Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST):
- 8% and 12% of the sanctioned strength of First Year Class are reserved for SC &
ST respectively. The reserved seats are not interchangeable.
- SC/ST candidates selected for admission on merit shall not be counted against the
- SC/ST candidates are required to submit a caste certificate. Revenue Officer not below
the rank of a Tahasildar.
- Government Servants/Serving Defence Personnel on Transfer (GSOT):
- 4% of seats sanctioned shall be reserved for the self/ children/wife/husband of
Government Servants/ Serving Defence Personnel on transfer within normal time of admission.
- Government servants on deputation to any Government/ Non Government agency shall be
eligible for the reservation, but Government servants on permanent transfer to corporate
owned body shall not be eligible for the concession.
- A government servant retiring from service and shifting to a place where he/she wishes
to reside after retirement, shall be treated as Government servant on transfer.
- Physically Handicapped (PH):
- 3% of sanctioned strength shall he reserved for physically handicapped candidates.
- A handicapped candidate shall be considered for reserved seats only on production of
certificate from the Chief District Medical Officer/ Sub-Divisional Medical Officer/Chief
Medical to the effect that he/ she has a major orthopedical/physical handicap to the extent
of 40% or above
- Ex-Serviceman (ESM) :
- 1% of sanctioned seats shall be reserved for the children/ spouse of ex-servicemen.
- The facility to avail reserved seats shall be given to ESM only on production of the
certificate to that effect issued by the Rajya Sainik Board/Zilla Sainik Board.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS IN ORIGINALTO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION
1. Intimation Letter
2. CLC in original
3. Conduct Certificate in original.
4. Mark sheet of the qualifying examination in original
5. Caste certificates issued by Tahasildar of respective locality in original.
6. Original certificates in support of claiming weightage.
7. Four passport size photographs/two stamp size photographs.
PRINCIPLES OF SELECTION FOR HONOURS
1. Aggregate marks / will be the basis of selection. In case of Ex regular students and students
passing examination other than intermediate examination, the aggregate marks secured by them will
be converted appropriately out of a maximum marks of 600 for applicants of Arts Sc. & Com.
should be added to the aggregate in case of candidates who have change (from Science to Commerce
or from Arts to Commerce or from Commerce to Arts.
2. Qualifying marks shall be 40% in aggregate or 40% in the subject concerned For candidates
changing from Science to Arts o Commerce to Vice-Versa 40% in aggregate only to be considered.
3. In case who had neither Sanskrit nor Oriya as an optional subject at the intermediate aggregate
marks plus marks secured in M.I.L.(O) (out of 100)
4. a. Offering economics Hones with Economics as optional, the marks secured in (whichever is higher)
are to be added to the aggregate.
b. +2 Commerce and opting for economics Hons the aggregate marks plus the marks in Economics
shall be considered.
5.For Commerce Honours :
Aggregate marks + marks secured in the concerned subject of the Hons (i.e., Accounting &
Management whichever is applicable)
Aggregate Marks + Marks secured in Economics or English whichever is applicable.
Note : Any clarification other than the above will be brought to the notice of the Principal.
Decision of the Principal in the matter of Admission is binding on all concerned.